With Cydia Impactor no longer working for most people, sideloading IPA apps has become difficult. Now though, there is an alternative, and its called AltDeploy. It is a MacOS app though, so Windows users won’t be able to use it just yet.
What is Alt Deploy?
Alt Deploy is a macOS solution for signing and sideloading IPA files to your iPhone or iPad, including some jailbreak tools, without worrying about app certificates being revoked – this tends to happen with alternative download methods, such as third-party app stores but AltDeploy fixes that issue. It is based on Riley Testut’s AltStore installer app and provides a number of preinstalled apps to choose from, as well as signing any other IPA file. It looks and works the same as Cydia Impactor, requiring your Apple ID credentials.
With Alt Deploy, you will get a Mail app add-on; this must be enabled in client preferences for the app. Once enabled, AltDeploy will work, but you must ensure your Mail app is open all the time you use AltDeploy.
How to Download AltDeploy:
As we said, you can only use this tool on macOS, which is another solution for Mac users without needing to use Cydia Impactor.
- Download AltDeploy onto your Mac
- Extract the zipped contents and open AltDeploy.app
- If security settings are enabled, go to Settings > Security and Privacy option and enable.
- Run the Mail.app and go to Preferences
- Click General > Manage Plugins
- Activate the AltPlugin.mailbundle
- Restart the Mail.app
How to Use AltDeploy:
AltDeploy is an excellent alternative to Cydia Impactor for sideloading IPA files. Once you have installed the app, using it is very simple:
- Launch AltDeploy app on your Mac
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your Mac
- Choose the IPA file you want to sideload and click Start
- Type in your Apple ID credentials
- Open iOS Settings and go to General
- Tap on Device Management
- Find the certificate for the sideloaded app and tap it
- Tap Trust and close settings
- You can now run your app on your iPhone or iPad.
The developer behind the tool, @pixelomer ( Twitter ), had created an AltStore app port that allowed IPA signing for certain apps; now, with a recent update, it works for all IPA files, and you also get support for the Dark Mode in OS X Mojave and above.
With this app, you can sideload any file; enjoy using it and follow us on Facebook for more news and updates.