iOS 7 has proven itself to be one of the more popular iOS versions to date. Packed with great features, security updates, and bug fixes, it went through several months of beta testing before being pushed out to the public. Now the firmware has reached iOS 7.1.2 and it continues to grow in terms of features for users.
On this page, we will be showing you how to download iOS 7 through to iOS 7.1.2 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Download iOS 7 to iOS 7.1.2:
There are a few ways to update your device to the latest iOS 7 version but the most popular one, particularly for those who want to install a jailbreak, is the IPSW method.
Before you begin, ensure that you are running the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac. Here’s how to do that:
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Click on the Help menu and then click on Check for Updates
- Wait; iTunes will check to see if there are any updates and, if there are, it will guide you through the process of updating. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
iOS 7 to iOS 7.1.2 IPSW Download:
- Download the correct IPSW file onto your computer. Ensure that you choose the IPSW that matches your device and iOS version from the list below:
- Open iTunes on your computer and plug in your iOS device
- If you have more than one device registered with iTunes go to the top of the screen and chose the connected one
- Hold the SHIFT (PC) or ALT (Mac) key on your keyboard at the same time as you click the Update button in iTunes
- Find the IPSW file that you downloaded and click on it
- Click on Install and leave iTunes to update your device to the chosen iOS 7 version.
Other Download Methods:
There are two other ways to update your device:
Method 1: OTA
The OTA, or Over the Air, update is the quickest but should be avoided if you intend to jailbreak as none of the jailbreak tools are compatible with this update method:
- Open Settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Click on General > Software Update
- Ensure that you have a working internet connection and wait; your device will now look for the update
- When it finds it, tap on Install and leave your device; when the update is finished, your device will reboot.
Method 2: iTunes
Again, make sure that iTunes is up to date on your computer before you begin:
- Plug your device into your computer and open iTunes
- If more than one device is registered on your account choose the one that is connected from the list
- Click on Update and wait; when iTunes has finished installing the update, your device is restarted.
iOS 7 to iOS 7.1.2 IPSW Links:
Choose the one that goes with your device and iOS version:
- iPad Air (5th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
Again, if you are intending to install a jailbreak at some point in the near future, avoid using OTA to update your device.
To stay updated with all the news, like this page on Facebook, click on Following > See First; the updates will be posted to your timeline as they are published.