When we install a jailbreak and open Cydia or Sileo, we expect the BigBoss repository to be there; after all, it is supposed to be built-in to the jailbreak store itself.
Sometimes it just isn’t there for one reason or another; it may have been deleted accidentally, or the jailbreak store installation didn’t finish properly, for example. The BigBoss repo is important for new jailbreakers and for those who just want an easy life because it contains everything a person needs to modify their devices and gives a good idea of what jailbreaking is all about.
No need to panic; if the BigBoss repository is missing from your Cydia or Sileo installation, or you somehow delete it without meaning to, it is easy to put back. Read on for more details.
How to Add BigBoss Repo in Cydia:
It may well be that the BigBoss repository is still there; it’s just hidden. You can find out if it is still there and reinstall it easily enough; just follow these steps:
- Open Cydia
- Tap More Package Sources ( located at the bottom of your screen )
- A new window will open with a list of sources; search it for the BigBoss repository. A disclaimer will be on the screen warning you that you add repositories to Cydia at your own risk
- If BigBoss is in the list, tap on it, and it will reinstall.
It’s Not in The List?
If BigBoss is not in the list of sources, you can add it in yourself. This is quite simple; just make sure you follow these steps exactly:
How to Add a New Repo to Cydia:
- Launch Cydia and tap the option for Sources
- Tap Edit > Add
- In the box, type in this URL exactly as written – http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ . If you do not type this in correctly, the process will fail.
- Tap Add Source and Cydia will download the repository, adding it back into Cydia. Respring your device, and all should be well.
Tell us; have you ever managed to lose the BigBoss repository from Cydia? Or was it just not there when you opened Cydia after jailbreaking? Following these instructions will solve the problem quite quickly for you; let us know how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more Cydia tips and news.
How To Manually Add BigBoss Repo to Sileo:
It is easy enough to add the BigBoss repo to Sileo on a jailbroken iPhone or iPad; just follow these steps exactly as written:
- Open Sileo from your home screen
- Tap the tab that says Sources
- At the top right of your screen is a ‘+’ button – tap it
- A box will appear asking you to input the URL for the source you want to add – type in or copy/paste this URL –
- Tap the Add Source button, and Sileo will add the repository.
Should a 404 error arise, ignore it; simply tap the button that says Done, and BigBoss is added to your Sileo sources. When it’s done, all the tweaks, apps, mods, and more that BigBoss hosts will be visible and accessible via the Search button.
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook; updates will be sent directly to your inbox.
13 thoughts on “How to Add BigBoss Repo on Cydia and Sileo”
I tried to install bigboss repo but it says it’s not supported
Hi, are you trying to add bigboss on Cydia or Sileo ?
I tried multiple times to add big boss to sileo but when I try to download a tweak it gets stuck on queue, what can I do?
I try to add but it says did not found repository
I use cydia on ios 12.4
hi, it has not been updated for iOS 12.4 yet. Please retry in a weeks time while the developers update compatible repo’s
i cant add bigboss for ios 12.4 ?? can you help me ?plz
Hi I try to add in source but when I add , cydia clash . Can you help me please?
My Twitter is @choco0919_
still no solution to add bigboss repo on cydia ios 12.4?
Same my problem it says fetch failure bigboss repo !!!
I am ios 12.2 and I can’t install bigboss too…. 🙁
I try to add that url but it says repo or source not found by code 522 or something
Hi i have a problem when i refresh my source list. i get this error
The repository ‘http:// apt.thebigboss. org/repofiles/cydia/ stable Release’ does no longer have a Release file.
Please help me to sort out this error