Are you considering using the Sn0wbreeze app but aren’t sure how it works?
Then check out the guide below for full download details on this Limera1n exploit-based jailbreak.
How to Download Sn0wbreeze:
- Download Sn0wbreeze to your computer
- Windows 8 must have .NET Framework 3.5 installed to run this app. Download it from ( here )
- Download the IPSW file for your iOS version/device
- Connect your device to your computer and open Snowbreeze
- Click the arrow at the bottom of the screen
- Click Browse for an IPSW and click on the file you downloaded
- Wait for verification and click on Next
- Click Simple Mode
- Now you are asked if you want your iPhone to activate – click Yes if you using UltraSn0w or another unlock tool, No if your device is factory unlocked or you are using an official carrier
- Wait; Snowbreeze will start the process of creating the custom IPSW
- When it’s finished, the IPSW will be on your desktop
- Place your device into Pwned DFU following the on-screen instructions – if it doesn’t work, keep trying until it does
- Open iTunes and wait for the Device in Recovery Mode message
- Hold the SHIFT or ALT key and click on Restore
- Navigate to your IPSW and click it
- Wait while your device is restored and it reboots – Cydia will be installed
This is a tethered jailbreak; a new folder called iBooty will be on your desktop. To boot into a jailbroken state:
- Launch iBooty
- Choose your device and click Start
- Follow the instructions on-screen to put your device in DFU mode
When finished, your device will reboot with Cydia fully working.
Let us know how you get on, drop a line in the comments box if you have any questions and follow us on Facebook for more tips.