Has your cellular data stopped working? Had iMessage and FaceTime gone down after installing the iOS jailbreak? Don’t worry; it’s easy to fix. Luca Todesco has told us of a fix that should work, and it is a simple solution.
Let’s get started
Fix Cellular Data – iMessage – FaceTime:
While it’s great to be able to jailbreak, the iOS 10 utility is in beta format and has caused a few issues with some devices. This is one of them and, provided you follow the steps carefully, it is not difficult to do.
- Open Cydia on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to the BigBoss repository and download a tweak called MTerminal
- When it has finished installing, download OpenSSH from Cydia
- Open your iOS Settings app and tap on Wi-Fi. Tap the network you are connected to see the preferences and write down the device IP address
- Close Settings and open MTerminal
- Type in su and then tap on Enter. If you need to put a password in, type alpine and then tap Enter again
- Now type ssh [email protected][IP address} – input the IP Address you wrote down. Tap on Enter again
We’re not done yet
- Type the commands below in one at a time:
chmod 777 /var
chmod 777 /var/mobile
chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library
chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
One at a time for these commands and tap on Enter after each one so it gets executed correctly. What these commands do is ensure that some privileges for specified parts of the iOS are changed; chmod 777 tells those directories that all users have permission to read, write and execute.
- Now reboot your device, and your cellular data should be working again
It’s simple to do
This should fix any problems you had with your cellular data, Facetime and/or iMessage crashing after you installed the iOS 10 jailbreak.
A word of warning
If you don’t feel confident doing this, don’t. You may have to settle for deleting the jailbreak and waiting until it is more stable.
Want more like this? Follow us on Facebook for all the latest tips and news.